Clear's insight with Atomic Habits also offers a solution to orchestrating collections of habits in workflows. Let's call this approach "atomic workflows".
The process looks something like this:
- Enumerate all the habits that compose a workflow.
- Identify the overarching purpose of that workflow.
- Reduce to the minimum set of habits that achieves that purpose.
- Reduce those habits to the minimum set of actions that accomplish each habit's subgoal.
- Progressively expand these habits. (I.e.: Atomic Habits).
- Introduce new habits iteratively until you've reached the full workflow.